Friday, January 7, 2011

This is What Unconditional Love Looks Like

My aunt by choice, not blood, and I have been though a lot these last few months. We will call her Tutu, by the way. Tutu was with Arkansas for 6 years and was friend with him for at least a year before that.

Well as you all know, I left Baby Daddy in October. What you don't know is what really put into motion my leaving him. When I went to spend the weekend with Tutu in Arkansas (hints Arkansas's name, I'm not very creative sometimes), Tutu and AR had just broken up. Now, I'd had a crush on AR for a long time and with all the fighting with BD, I was desperate for a lot of things. One of those things being sex. You can fill in the blanks from there.

Well, Tutu found out and was angry with me and him for obvious reasons. There was a lot of feeling bad and crying on my part and a lot of hurt on hers. Since this isn't really about AR, we are pretty much going to leave him out of this.

I felt bad because my loyalty should have been with my aunt and I put my needs over hers and because I had hurt Will. She was hurt because she had been betrayed by two of the people she loved most.

Months later we have all mostly moved on. I can call my aunt my aunt again and I have still managed to maintain a friendship with AR. Tutu has a new fiance and I have an amazing boyfriend.

She told me something today that made me want to write this post. She said "What happened between us does NOT change my love for you at all." It amazes me that after all the hell she went through, she still loves me. That is really want unconditional love is. I am not related to her in any way at all, but she chose to still love me and my son like we are a part of her family.

I love you Tutu.

Swt

No comments:

Post a Comment